International General Manager’s Conference 2019
June 14, 2019 | Community, News, Openings, Our Team, Signings
Last week, we wrapped up our International General Manager’s conference in the city best known for its winding canals, beautiful architecture and immersive history – Amsterdam.
We spent a couple of days mixing business and pleasure with a combination of fascinating presentations on the exciting growth of Interstate Hotels & Resorts, our current Mission and Goals alongside a variety of activities such as walking tours, Heineken canal cruises, cheese tasting and a trip to Amsterdam’s famous windmills and museums.
Our conference was designed to inspire, engage and share best practice, and as part of this, we presented a number of awards to celebrate those in the business who have driven outstanding results in their hotels and within the wider portfolio.
Congratulations to the following winners:
Hotel of the Year 2018
- Full Service: Marriott Tverskaya
- Select Service: Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam City Hall
General Manager of the Year 2018
- Full Service: Steve Coulam (Holiday Inn Leicester)
- Select Service: Paolo Franchi (Hampton by Hilton London Stansted)
New Opening Best Market Share Performance 2018
- Full Service: Hampton By Hilton Dundee
- Select Service: Hotel Indigo Durham
Most Improved Employee Survey 2018
- Full Service: Holiday Inn Reading South
- Select Service: Holiday Inn Express London ExCel
2018 AES Best Engagement
- Full Service: Hotel Indigo Durham
- Focus Service: Ibis Dublin
RGI Improvement 2018
- Full Service: Marriott Krasnaya Polyana
- Select Service: Ramada Encore Bournemouth
Commercial Performance – Special Contribution: Matt Huddart
Best Financial Performer 2018
- Full Service: Marriott Royal Aurora Moscow
- Select Service: Hampton by Hilton London Stansted
Guest Metrics 2018
- Full Service: Courtyard Sarajevo
- Select Service: Holiday Inn Southend
Food and Beverage GOI 2018
- Full Service: Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West
- Select Service: Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Our people are the key to our success, and without teams and individuals like these, we wouldn’t be the thriving business we are today.
Congratulations again, until next time!